By Wednesday morning, March 1— in addition to preparing for our fourth vocabulary quiz — please do the following:
(1) Reading: Shelmerdine, Chapters 21 and 22, on the following forms and concepts. Note any questions along the way:
- Indefinite Pronoun: quidam, quaedam, quoddam (#101, p. 192);
- Chapter 21 Vocabulary (pp. 195–6);
- Comparison of Adverbs (#102, pp. 203–4); and
- More on quam (#103, p. 204).
- Translate the following sentences into Latin:
a. We understand that the truth was as serious as possibleDC
b. Is it better to care for your body than to destroy your mind?
c. You (pl.) used to have more resources, but a certain general took them.
d. With the rather sweet wine having been discovered, I suffered as badly as possible for many days.
b. Watch the gender of "better."
d. Use a form of doleo for "suffered."