By Sunday evening, March 5, please do the following:
(1) Reading: Shelmerdine, Chapters 23 and 24, on the following forms and concepts. Note any questions along the way:
- Irregular Verbs: fero, ferre, tuli, latus (#107, pp. 212–13);
- Paradigm of vis, vis f. (#108, p. 213);
- Chapter 23 Vocabulary (p. 218); and
- Introduction to the subjunctive (p. 219: everything BEFORE #109).
- Exercise 173 (p. 213);
- Exercise 174 (p. 213 — only translate); and
- Rewrite the underlined verbs in the following sentences to be in the (English) subjunctive:
a. If only I was free!DC
b. It's important that he knows his place.
c. We recommend that you are happy.
d. If you didn't call the doctor, I would have died!